Cosm Stool by Herman Miller
The COSM Stool by Herman Miller represents a departure from ergonomic task stools as we’ve come to know them and a turn to what an ergonomic task stool should be. In an ideal world, your chair should be something you don’t even think about. You should sit down and be ready to work. That’s what the COSM Chair accomplishes. It makes pressure-point free sitting intuitive and automatic.
Designed by Studio 7.5, Herman Miller wanted a chair that was actually responsive to the sitter. Drawing on similar silhouettes to past designs like the Setu and Eames Aluminum Group, the goal was to make a chair that is supportive the very first time you sit in it. You don’t need to adjust it; the chair simply responds to your body’s unique needs. Built out of a reactive frame and breathable mesh, the chair is ready for your body to tell it what to do. You don’t have to push buttons and pull levers. You just sit down. It’s one of the first truly non-adjustable ergonomic chairs that the world has ever seen. The COSM Chair is straightforwardness in a world of overcomplication. Simplify your workday with a chair as smart as you are.
- Natural Balanced Movement: Herman Miller chairs move in tandem with you, through any change in position, keeping your entire body stress-free.
- Total Spinal Support: When your body is properly supported as you sit, you have the strength you need to stay comfortable and injury-free as you work. The Cosm chair's intercept suspension eliminates gaps between seat and back through continuous contour, enveloping you and offering uninterrupted comfort and ergonomic support.
- Dynamic Fit: Herman Miller's high-performance task chairs are designed to support you through all your twists and turns, no matter the shape or size of your body.
- Auto-Harmonic Tilt: Provides natural, balanced motion through a range of posture changes. Automated interface eliminates need for tilt tension adjustment, while providing the proper support and the right amount of tension.
- The Cosm chair's flexible frame allows for torsional flex so you can stretch and reach laterally.
- The new Leaf arm cradles the elbow in tasking or casual postures, without interfering with the work surfaces.
About the Manufacturer
Overall: 55.1" H x 29.3" W x 26.7" D
Overall Product Weight: 40
Assembly Required: No