Eames Molded Fiberglass Counter Stool
from Herman Miller
designed by Charles and Ray Eames
At A Glance: The Eames Molded Fiberglass Counter Stool is the evolution of an iconic piece of American design history. This stool uses Herman Miller's new process for creating fiberglass without the harmful glues of the past. The process was developed to create the new Molded Fiberglass Chairs - and with the addition of a tall base, the Molded Fiberglass Stool brings modern authenticity to the kitchen. The perfect expansion of the Shell Chair family, this is one stool that the Eames' would love.
What's To Like:
- Fiberglass is back, and we're glad. Its unique texture and surface striations make the Shell Chair family one of Herman Miller's all-time hits. And now, it's environmentally responsible!
- Classic design. The Molded Fiberglass Counter Stool is recognizable anytime, anyplace - for good reason.
- The Shell Chairs - all of them - were among the first to have comfort as a priority during the design process. Waterfall seat edges and a curvy seat pocket give this stool an easygoing sit.
What's Not to Like:
- There is practically no give in the molded fiberglass, so attempting to use this counter stool as a recliner wouldn't be a good idea. But then, who reclines at a counter?
The Bottom Line:
Original design, original comfort, original character. The Eames Molded Fiberglass Counter Stool's got them in spades. With all the new colors in Herman Miller's Palette, you'll have a great time choosing what vibe you want your stool to create.
Charles and Ray Eames adapted molding techniques developed during World War II to mass produce this classic design. These molded fiberglass counter stools are true to the originals and are fully authentic, with updated materials to meet environmental requirements. Their enduring forms and quality construction make them comfortable, durable performers.
- Organic shapes. A clean, simple form sculpted to fit the body; first presented at the Museum of Modern Art in 1948.
- Popular today. The Shell Chair family has achieved a pervasive presence that proves the staying power of good design.
- Friendly to the earth. This stool's shell is made with a new process that produces monomer-free "dry-bind" fiberglass.
- Should you ever need to recycle your counter stool, it is eligible for Herman Miller's "Take Back" Program - an environmentally sound recycling option.
- Integral color. The fiberglass shell of the stool is dyed throughout so colors remain vibrant even after years of hard use.
- Cushioned contact. For extended comfort, the shell is connected to the base by rubber shock mounts.
- Glide options. The standard glide is also available with felt to protect hard-surface floors.
The Herman Miller Molded Fiberglass Counter Stool is also known by the following manufacturer Item Number: DFHCX.
Materials: Fiberglass, Metal
Overall: 40.5" h x 18.5" w x 21.75" d
Seat Height: 25"
Assembly Required: No