Eames® Upholstered Molded Plastic Armchair, Wire Base
from Herman Miller
designed by Charles and Ray Eames
The Eames® Upholstered Molded Plastic Armchair with Wire Base, designed by Charles and Ray Eames, epitomizes their mantra of "the best for the most for the least." The minimalist design and smooth curves of the molded plastic shell are the perfect compliment to the welded wire base, often referred to as the "Eiffel Tower" base. The Upholstered Molded Plastic Armchair is recognizable anytime, anyplace - for good reason. The Shell Chairs - all of them - were among the first to have comfort as a priority during the design process. Waterfall seat edges and a curvy seat pocket give this chair an easygoing sit
Original design, original comfort, original character. The Eames Upholstered Molded Plastic Armchair's got them in spades. With all the new fiberglass and upholstery colors in Herman Miller's Palette, you'll have a great time choosing what vibe you want your armchair to create.
Charles and Ray Eames adapted molding techniques developed during World War II to mass produce this classic design. These molded plastic armchairs are true to the originals and are fully authentic, with updated materials to meet environmental requirements. Their enduring forms and quality construction make them comfortable, durable performers.
31.5" h x 25.25" w x 24" d
See the entire Eames Shell Chair Collection.
- Organic shapes. A clean, simple form sculpted to fit the body; first presented at the Museum of Modern Art in 1948.
- Popular today. The chairs have achieved a pervasive presence that proves the staying power of good design.
- Should you ever need to recycle your chair, it is eligible for Herman Miller's "Take Back" Program - an environmentally sound recycling option.
- Cushioned contact. For extended comfort, the shell is connected to the base by rubber shock mounts.
- Upholstered comfort. You're sitting in style for the long haul - bring on those multiple course meals.
- Glide options. The standard glide is also available with felt to protect hard-surface floors.
The Herman Miller Upholstered Molded Plastic Chair is also known by the following manufacturer Item Number: DAR.U.
Molded plastic frame with metal legs and Hopsak fabric upholstery
Overall: 31.5" h x 25.25" w x 24" d
Seat height: 17.5"