Eames Upholstered Molded Plastic Rocking Chair
from Herman Miller
designed by Charles and Ray Eames
The Eames Upholstered Molded Plastic Rocking Chair, designed by Charles and Ray Eames, epitomizes their mantra of "the best for the most for the least." Its minimalist design and sleek curves of the plastic molded shell are the perfect compliment to the wooden rocker base. The Upholstered Molded Plastic Rocking Chair is recognizable anytime, anyplace - for good reason. The Shell Chairs - all of them - were among the first to have comfort as a priority during the design process. Waterfall seat edges and a curvy seat pocket give this chair an easygoing sit.
Original design, original comfort, original character. The Eames Upholstered Molded Plastic Armchair's got them in spades. With all the new colors in Herman Miller's Palette, you'll have a great time choosing what vibe you want your armchair to create.
Charles and Ray Eames adapted molding techniques developed during World War II to mass produce this classic design. These molded plastic armchairs are true to the originals and are fully authentic, with updated materials to meet environmental requirements. Their enduring forms and quality construction make them comfortable, durable performers.
Since 1950, Herman Miller has continuously improved on the original Eames Molded Plastic Shell Chairs with the latest material innovation. Now the classic shell is engineered with 100% post-industrial recycled plastic, helping save approximately 122 tons of plastic waste per year.
26.5" h x 25" w x 24.5" d
See the entire Eames Shell Chair Collection.
- Organic shapes. A clean, simple form sculpted to fit the body; first presented at the Museum of Modern Art in 1948.
- Sustainable and durable, shells are made with post-industrial recycled plastic.
- Popular today. The chairs have achieved a pervasive presence that proves the staying power of good design.
- Should you ever need to recycle your rocker, it is eligible for Herman Miller's "Take Back" Program - an environmentally sound recycling option.
- Cushioned contact. For extended comfort, the shell is connected to the base by rubber shock mounts.
- Upholstered comfort. You're sitting in style for the long haul - bring on those multiple course meals.
The Herman Miller Upholstered Molded Plastic Rocker is also known by the following manufacturer Item Number: RAR.U.
Molded plastic frame with fabric upholstery, metal supports and wooden rockers
Overall: 26.5" h x 25" w x 24.5" d
Seat height: 15"