Nelson 6-Drawer Miniature Chest
by Herman Miller
designed by George Nelson
At A Glance:
George Nelson was fascinated with all things Japanese, and that influence is clear in the design of his miniature chests from 1952. Offered in a variety of sizes and drawer configurations, they add artistic interest and a touch of history - as well as practical function - to the home or office. Walnut, white ash, or teak construction, with laminate on the top surface.
What's To Like:
- The Nelson 6-Drawer Chest has hand-fitted drawers that speak to Herman Miller's emphasis on quality construction.
- This miniature chest is a true tribute to Japanese design, with a fresh look that is perfect for the modern home.
- Everything in its place: each drawer is just the right size to hold all those small things (like jewelry) that otherwise clutter up larger drawers.
What's Not to Like:
You could pay less for a jewelry chest - but what you're really getting is a superbly finished showpiece by one of the mid-century's greatest designers, so that's also a consideration.
The Bottom Line:
The Nelson 6-Drawer Miniature Chest with Pedestal is beautiful, richly finished, and an icon of the mid-century modern era. It's immediately recognizable for the enduring quality of its design, and will be an heirloom-quality feature of any modern home.
- Overall: 6" h x 30.25" w x 13" d
- Walnut, white ash, or teak construction, with laminate on the top surface
- Solid brass glides on bottom of chest
- Hand-fitted drawers ensure proper alignment so that wood-on-wood glides work smoothly
- Includes a drawer with dividers to organize and store small items
The Herman Miller Nelson 6-Drawer Miniature Chest is also known by the following manufacturer Item Numbers: NC526, NC556.
Cabinet is rosewood-stained teak with a white laminate top. Drawers with white metal knobs and rest on 3/8" solid-brass glides.
Overall: 6" h x 30.15" w x 13" d
Internal Shelf (each): 8.625" w x 12.125" d