Nelson Lantern Bubble Pendant
by Herman Miller
At A Glance:
George Nelson designed his famous Nelson Bubble Lamps in 1952. Inspired by silken Swedish hanging lamps, he used newer technologies to replicate the gentle white light that he found so entrancing. Consisting of a sturdy metal frame and plastic shell, these famous light fixtures appear soft yet durable. The organic shape and neutral white color further adds to the timeless and approachable silhouette that these lamps will bring to your home or office.
The normally spherical Bubble Lamps make way for some edge. The Nelson Lantern Bubble Pendant features a more boxy shape that's inspired by Chinese celebration lanterns. Cylindrical forms in simple white makes for a wonderfully understated beauty.
Part of the Herman Miller Lighting Collection.
- Overall Dimensions: 10.5" h x 11" w x 11" d
- Pendants come with a brushed, nickel-plated steel ceiling plate measuring 5.25 inches. Bulb is not included.
- Pendants come in 8 unique bubble styles: Apple, Ball (three sizes), Large Bell, Cigar (four sizes), Lantern, Pear (two sizes), Propeller, and Saucer (four sizes).
- Pendants come with a 10-foot cord
- Product is UL-listed and rated for bulbs up to 150 watts, except for the small Saucer which is rated for a 60 watt bulb.
- Designed by George Nelson
- Original production was in 1952
Materials: Plastic coating over a steel wire-frame, brushed, nickel-plated steel
Overall: 10.5" h x 11" w x 11" d
Assembly Required: Yes