Outline Sofa, Black Base by muuto
designed by Anderssen & Voll
The Outline Sofa is the ideal combination of refined elegance and relaxing comfort. Named for its strong outline, this sofa is architectural in appearance and exquisitely crafted for a relaxing sit. It features a spacious seating area with rounded and perfectly cushioned arms, seat, and back.
- Leather or fabric upholstery
- Molded foam cushions
- Aluminum legs
- Steel and hardwood frame
- Cold-cured molded foam cushions
- Powder-coated aluminum legs
- Fabric or leather upholstery
- Attire Fabric: This foundational upholstery fabric features over 50% wool, allowing for a sophisticated soft and dry hand. Complete with a soil and stain resistant finish, high durability and a KT price point, this pattern is project-ready.
- Remix Fabric: From a distance, Remix appears to be monochromatic, but upon closer inspection it reveals subtle contrasts for an inherently rich hue. Two mélange yarns – each of which combine up to three colors – are woven together to produce Remix. Its worsted wool content comes from longwool sheep, whose long-stapled fleece offers warmth and durability without the fuzziness of traditional wool textiles.
- Refine Leather: If you are looking for softness and natural patina, Refine Leather is a good choice. As an aniline leather, it will darken and build character with time, however, as the leather is dyed, the color will not change dramatically.
- Height (in): 28
- Width (in): 67 Two Seat
- Width (in): 86.75 Three Seat
- Depth (in): 33
- Weight (lbs): 110.23
- Seat Height (in): 15.75
- Seat Width (in): 59.1
- Seat Depth (in): 24.4
- Weight Capacity (lbs): 484
For cleaning textiles at home, remove non-grease stains by carefully dabbing with a lint-free cloth or sponge that has been wrung out in warm water.
If necessary, clean by dabbing with soapy water.
Finally, dab the surface with clean water.
Natural leather does not perform well in dry air and sunlight. As a precautionary measure, we recommend to place leather upholstered furniture away from direct sunlight and refrain from having them in highly air-conditioned rooms as this can make the leather fade or dry out. Regular care of the leather helps maintain its inherent qualities and prolong the lifespan of the surface. Clean the leather with a dry cloth or soft brush. Treat and moisturize the leather four or more times a year using only special leather treatment products for aniline and semi-soft leather products.
About the Designer
Anderssen & Voll
Anderssen & Voll is an Olso-based studio founded by Norwegian designers Torbjørn Anderssen and Espen Voll. Together they design furniture and accessories informed by what they call “the new Nordic.” In 2015, The New York Times named this design duo one of “Five Up-and-Coming Norwegian Design Talents to Know Now,” and their many accolades include the Wallpaper* Design Award and Red Dot Award.
About the Manufacturer