Restore Felt Basket by Muuto
Designed by Mika Tolvanen
The Restore Recycled Felt Basket by Muuto brings a new perspective to modern storage, made using fibers from recycled plastic bottles. Available in multiple colors, the design can be used to store throws, clothing, toys and other objects. Constructed of polymer felt made from recycled PET bottles, the Restore Basket’s soft material holds its shape but doesn’t scratch surfaces. It’s available in a variety of sizes to round up magazines, accessories, or even firewood.
- Soft storage solution that holds it shape but doesn’t scratch surfaces
- Constructed of polymer felt made from recycled PET bottles
- Available in a variety of colors and sizes
- Also available as a tray
- The Restore Basket is made from polymer felt. The material is PET fibers. A percentage of the product comes from recycled plastic bottles, which are granulated, heated and blown like little fibers that are subsequently dyed. The fibers are worked together like mats, which can be pressed over heat-influenced forms that enables the material to maintain its shape.
- Height 9"
- Width 19"
- Depth 13.75"
- Vacuum or if necessary use moist cloth.
About the Designer
Mika Tolvanen is a renowned Finnish designer who started his own practice after graduating from Royal College of Art in 2001. Tolvanen designs products for residential and contract use from his studio and workshop on the island of Lauttasaari outside of Helsinki, Finland.
About the Manufacturer