1966 Collection Chaise Lounge
designed by Richard Schultz
At A Glance:
Richard Schultz designed the 1966 Chaise Lounge at Florence Knoll's request. She was looking for outdoor furniture that would withstand the corrosive salt air at her Florida home. Typically, Schultz's resultant 1966 Collection® became what is now considered a garden classic, with clean good looks and exceptional durability. Oh, and let's not forget the comfort factor.
What's To Like:
- It's a part of MoMA's permanent collection. Need we say more?
- This outdoor chaise will withstand decades of the worst that Mother Nature can throw at it.
- Do you want it with wheels and an adjustable back, or with a contoured seat? You have the power to choose.
- Outdoor furniture, it's true - but it's got good manners indoors as well.
- You've got a wide range of colors to choose from, and your patio will look just the way you want it to.
- The 1966 Collection has won multiple design awards.
The Bottom Line:
Give the 1966 Chaise Lounge a home in your back yard. It's ready to go for the next ... say, 20 years or so.
- Overall dimensions, 4-leg contour lounge: 33.75" h x 24.5" w x 58" l, with 13" seat height
- Overall dimensions, adjustable wheeled lounge: 36" h x 25.5" w x 76" l, with 14.25" seat height
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- Frame is made from cast and extruded aluminum
- Finish is a weather resistant polyester powder-coat
- Wheels are cast aluminum with rubber tires and a differential axle
- Upholstery is woven vinyl-coated polyester mesh
- Straps are solid pure vinyl with no fillers, with Teflon sewing thread
- Clear butyrate plastic glides protect your flooring if you bring the chaise indoors
A cover may be purchased separately if you wish to further protect your chaise from the elements. Give us a call at 888-467-6278 and we'll hook you up!
- Frame: cast and extruded aluminum
- Finish: weather resistant polyester powder coat
- Glides: clear plastic
- Upholstery: woven vinyl coated polyester mesh
- Straps: solid pure vinyl
- Supports and connectors: stainless steel
- Wheels: cast aluminum with rubber tires
4-leg base: 24.5" w x 33.75" h x 58" d
2-wheel, 2-leg base: 25.5" w x 36" h x 76" d