1966 Collection Two Seat Outdoor Lounge by Knoll
designed by Richard Schultz
Richard Schultz designed the 1966 Collection at the request of Florence Knoll who, after retiring, wanted outdoor furniture that could withstand the corrosive Florida ocean air. The 1966 Collection is regarded as the first modern outdoor furniture and has been the category standard ever since. Plus, bright new powder coat finishes offer a fresh look on a classic collection.
Give the 1966 Two Seat Lounge a home in your back yard. It's ready to go for the next ... say, 20 years or so.
Shop our entire line of 1966 Outdoor furniture here!
Available in three seat configuration.
What's To Like:
- It's a part of MoMA's permanent collection. Need we say more?
- Seat and back are woven vinyl coated polyester mesh
- Straps are solid pure vinyl with no fillers and sewn onto the mesh seat and back with Teflon thread
- You've got a wide range of colors to choose from, and your patio will look just the way you want it to.
- The 1966 Collection has won multiple design awards.
- ADDITIONAL OPTIONS AVAILABLE. CALL 888-467-6278 TO SPEAK WITH A PRODUCT SPECIALIST TODAY.
- Stainless steel supports and connectors
- Frame is welded cast and extruded aluminum finished in weather resistant polyester powder coat
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- Frame is made from cast and extruded aluminum
- Finish is a weather resistant polyester powder-coat
- Upholstery is woven vinyl-coated polyester mesh
- Straps are solid pure vinyl with no fillers, with Teflon sewing thread
- Frame: cast and extruded aluminum
- Finish: weather resistant polyester powder coat
- Glides: clear plastic
- Upholstery: woven vinyl coated polyester mesh
- Straps: solid pure vinyl
- Supports and connectors: stainless steel
46" w x 28.25" d
Seat Height 14"
Arm Height 20.5"
About the Designer
For half a century, Richard Schultz has been designing outdoor furniture, first at Knoll, where he assisted Harry Bertoia and developed his own lines, and after 1972 as a freelancer. He later launched his own collection that included his reissued Knoll classics, including the Petal Table and Leisure Line chaise on wheels, plus new designs such as the Café 2000 Chair and Topiary Chair. Outdoor furniture, Schultz explained, must also withstand rigorous physical and environmental testing. There is the salt spray test, for example, in which furniture is put into a chamber and alternately sprayed and dried in an effort to simulate the environmental abuse found at the seashore. Such testing standards are often set by the automotive industry, particularly for corrosion. “That’s why we don’t pop things out in a hurry. We don’t want the customer to do the testing.”
We're an authorized Knoll retailer. This means we're official. We sell new factory-direct chairs complete with Knoll's own 12-year warranty. You can purchase confidently from Smart Furniture knowing you'll be receiving genuine Knoll product.
With limited exceptions, 1966 chairs are covered by a 5-year warranty that includes parts and labor. Seller warrants to the original Purchaser only that the Products Seller manufactures and sells to Purchaser are free of defects in workmanship and materials, during the applicable warranty period.