1966 Collection Dining Chair
designed by Richard Schultz
At A Glance:
Richard Schultz designed the 1966 Dining Chair at Florence Knoll's request. She was looking for outdoor furniture that would withstand the corrosive salt air at her Florida home. Typically, Schultz's resultant 1966 Collection® became what is now considered a garden classic, with clean good looks and exceptional durability. Oh, and let's not forget the comfort factor.
What's To Like:
- It's a part of MoMA's permanent collection. Need we say more?
- This chair will withstand decades of the worst that Mother Nature can throw at it.
- Outdoor furniture, it's true - but it's got good manners indoors as well.
- You've got a wide range of colors to choose from, and your patio will look just the way you want it to.
- The 1966 Collection has won multiple design awards.
What's Not to Like:
We really can't pick on anything besides price, since beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This is an expensive - and extraordinarily durable - outdoor chair, no doubt.
- Overall dimensions: 31" h x 23" w x 24.25" d
- Seat height: 18"
- Arm height (if arms are chosen): 25"
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- Frame is made from cast and extruded aluminum
- Finish is a weather resistant polyester powder-coat
- Upholstery is woven vinyl-coated polyester mesh
- Straps are solid pure vinyl with no fillers, with Teflon sewing thread
- Clear butyrate plastic glides protect your flooring if you bring the chair indoors
A cover may be purchased separately if you wish to further protect your chair from the elements. Give us a call at 888-467-6278 and we'll hook you up!
- Frame: cast and extruded aluminum
- Finish: weather resistant polyester powder coat
- Glides: clear plastic
- Upholstery: woven vinyl coated polyester mesh
- Straps: solid pure vinyl
- Supports and connectors: stainless steel
Without arms: 19" w x 31" h x 24.5" d
With arms: 23" w x 31" h x 24.25" d
Seat height: 18"