Saarinen Outdoor Dining Table
designed by Eero Saarinen
At A Glance:
The Saarinen Outdoor Dining Table is aptly described as having graceful curves and polished surfaces. And with a pedestal base beyond compare it is slight, modern, and impossibly elegant. Created by (you guessed it) Eero Saarinen, this is the ultimate patio table for you and three friends. As an outdoor table that does a great job of staying out of your way, it's a classic piece from an all time great designer.
What's To Like:
- The table is a true classic - we're not just saying that!
- Outdoors or in, this round table is perfectly adaptable. Not only is it weather-proof, but it's also stain-resistant and won't yellow with age.
- The pedestal base is coated with Rilsan, an abrasion-resistant substance.
What's Not to Like:
This is an uber-modern table. That said, it looks great in all settings - even when paired with traditional furnishings. It's sleek and contemporary, to a fault. But if you love it, you probably know just where to use it.
The Bottom Line:
The Eero Saarinen Outdoor Dining Table is the essence of a table. From Saarinen himself: "The underside of typical chairs and tables makes a confusing, unrestful world. I wanted to clear up the slum of legs." To accomplish this, he set his Saarinen Dining Table on a pedestal, unencumbered by the "slum of legs," and easy to use for the whole family.
- Overall dimensions: 28.25" h x 42" diameter
- Seats up to 4
- Cast aluminum base
- Black and white bases have a Rilsan finish
- Tabletop features beveled edge
- Top is engineered stone (white) or natural slate (black)
- Top attaches to base with threaded rod
- Simple assembly required
- Knoll logo is stamped into the base of the table
- Table top has a nameplate underneath with Saarinen's signature
Care and maintenance:
It is strongly recommended that placemats be employed when using the table. As with any piece of furniture, we recommend that you use adequate heat protection when placing hot dishes on your table.
This table has a metal base. Lift table when moving it or place floor-protecting pads on the bottom of the base to ensure that your floor is not marked or damaged.
The Saarinen Outdoor Dining Table has:
- Engineered stone top comprised of 93% fused quartz
- Top does not yellow or stain and is scratch resistant
- Cast aluminum Rilsan-coated abrasion resistant base
- Phenolic subtop
- Stainless steel connection hardware
28.25" h x 42.25" w