Steelcase Series™ 1 with CarbonNeutral® Product Certification
with CarbonNeutral® product certification
Smart Furniture is proud to offer the first Carbon Neutral product from Steelcase. The Steelcase Series 1 with CarbonNeutral certification delivers on what's important - performance, style and options. It retains the durability and comfortability of Steelcase, while making it affordable and attainable for everyone. Designed with a lightweight, slim profile for today's smaller office footprint, Series 1 offers a quality of chair uncommon to this class of seating. Steelcase made an affordable chair without compromising ergonomics, comfort, and all day support.
Every purchase of Steelcase Series™ 1 with CarbonNeutral® product certification supports global projects that slow climate change and create social benefits. Carbon emissions are calculated, third-party verified and completely offset across every stage of this chair’s lifecycle.
- Integrated Liveback Technology with Adjustable Lumbar Support - Allows the chairback to change shape and mimics the user's spine as it moves throughout the day. Contours to fit a user's spine through a system of flexors tucked neatly inside the backrest, offering continuous lower-back support as you move in your chair.
- 4D Adjustable Arms - Move in height, width and depth, and pivot to better support the user's neck and shoulders. The cantilevered arm design encourages postural change.
- Adaptive Bolstering - Adaptive bolstering in the seat cushion creates a custom comfort pocket. The seat foam is cored (small cylinders are cut out of it) to allow for more compression in some areas of the seat than others. This allows the Series 1 Chair's foam seat to adapt to your unique size and shape.
- Weight Activated Mechanism - Allows for quick, intuitive seat adjustments.
- Allows the seat to be positioned forward or backward for long-term comfort.
- Back Tension and Back Angle - Turn the dial to one of the three comfort settings:
- Upright back lock
- Full recline with weight-activated tension and boost
- Full recline with weight-activated tension
- Plastic, Era Fabric, Mesh
- Overall: 23.75" H x 27" W x 41.25" D
- Overall Product Weight: 29.2
- Seat Height: 21"
- Seat Depth: 18"
- Arm Height: 32"
- Overall depth: 21″ to 23.75″
- Overall Width: 23.5" to 27"
- Overall Height: 36.5" to 41.25"
- Seat Depth: 18.5"
- Functional Seat Depth: 15.75" to 18"
- Seat Width: 19.2"
- Seat Height from Floor: 16.6" to 21.5"
- Back Lumbar Height: 6.5" to 8.75"
- Width Between Arms: 16" to 20"
- Arm to Floor: 23.5" to 32.75" (13.75" to 28.75" including pivot)
- Arm to Floor: 23.5" to 32.75"
- Arm Height from Seat: 6.5" to 11.5"
- Arm Cap Pivot Range: +/- 40º
- Angle Between Seat and Back: 100º to 124º
- Seat Pan Angle: 2º
Assembly Required: Yes
- If the stain has dried, first brush any excess off by hand or with a brush. Then vacuum the stain, and follow by cleaning using a neutral cleaning agent, such as soapy water. It is important to rinse with clean water afterwards. Follow the Steelcase cleaing guide for more detailed instructions.
The growing climate crisis is an immediate threat to billions of people and businesses around the world. According to the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, “Any further delay in concerted action…will miss a brief and rapidly closing window of opportunity to secure a livable and sustainable future for all.”.
In other words, we all have to join forces to act now, and Steelcase believes business can be a force for good. We’re carbon neutral now and working toward science-based targets to reduce our absolute emissions 50% by 2030. And we’re actively helping other companies achieve their own climate commitments.
That’s why we’re introducing the new Steelcase Series 1 with CarbonNeutral® product certification. It’s the first entry into our carbon neutral portfolio and gives companies more options to reduce their carbon footprint. We started our carbon neutral product portfolio with Series 1 because it’s one of our most popular and accessible task chairs and features a range of options and surface materials. While we work to drive down absolute environmental impacts in our own processes and those of our supply chain, products like this one allow us to offer organizations and individuals a chance right now to have a positive impact on the Earth.
Steelcase Series 1 with CarbonNeutral product certification includes the same design, ergonomics and quality engineered in the existing Steelcase Series 1 task chair with the added benefit of having its carbon footprint offset for organizations seeking more environmentally-friendly options. Carbon emissions are measured, calculated and verified by a third party across every stage of the chair’s life cycle – offsetting 100% of emissions through projects like forest management, renewable energy, cleaner cooking and electric transportation. These projects – supported by Steelcase through a partnership with Climate Impact Partners – help remove and avoid pollution in environments around the world.