Series 1 Chair
Steelcase Series 1 delivers on what's important-- performance, style and options. It retains the durability and comfortability of Steelcase, while making it affordable and attainable for everyone. Designed with a lightweight, slim profile for today's smaller office footprint, Series 1 offers a quality of chair uncommon to this class of seating. Steelcase made an affordable chair without compromising ergonomics, comfort, and all day support.
The Series 1 Chair offers 11 mix-and-match knit, flexor, and lumbar color options, and a wide range of shell and finish options that enable organizations to express their brand in a way that represents them better than any old office chair ever could. Plus, its available in a stool height for use at any work station.
OFFICIAL STEELCASE RETAILER
Smart Furniture is a authorized Steelcase retailer! This means we're official. At Smart Furniture, we sell new factory-direct items complete with Steelcase's own warranty. You can purchase confidently from us knowing you'll be receiving genuine Steelcase product.
- Integrated Liveback Technology with Adjustable Lumbar Support - Allows the chairback to change shape and mimics the user's spine as it moves throughout the day. Contours to fit a user's spine through a system of flexors tucked neatly inside the backrest, offering continuous lower-back support as you move in your chair.
- 4D Adjustable Arms - Move in height, width and depth, and pivot to better support the user's neck and shoulders. The cantilevered arm design encourages postural change.
- Adaptive Bolstering - Adaptive bolstering in the seat cushion creates a custom comfort pocket. The seat foam is cored (small cylinders are cut out of it) to allow for more compression in some areas of the seat than others. This allows the Series 1 Chair's foam seat to adapt to your unique size and shape.
- Weight Activated Mechanism - Allows for quick, intuitive seat adjustments.
- Allows the seat to be positioned forward or backward for long-term comfort.
- Back Tension and Back Angle - Turn the dial to one of the three comfort settings:
- Upright back lock
- Full recline with weight-activated tension and boost
- Full recline with weight-activated tension
- Optional headrest available - Ships separately. Please note, headrest may arrive 1 to 2 weeks after chair.
- Materials: Plastic, Cogent Connect Fabric, Mesh
- 12 Year Warranty
- Overall: 23.75" H x 27" W x 41.25" D
- Overall Product Weight: 69
- Seat Height: 21"
- Seat Depth: 18"
- Arm Height: 32"
- Overall depth: 21″ to 23.75″
- Overall Width: 23.5" to 27"
- Overall Height: 36.5" to 41.25"
- Seat Depth: 18.5"
- Functional Seat Depth: 15.75" to 18"
- Seat Width: 19.2"
- Seat Height from Floor: 16.6" to 21.5"
- Back Lumbar Height: 6.5" to 8.75"
- Width Between Arms: 16" to 20"
- Arm to Floor: 23.5" to 32.75" (13.75" to 28.75" including pivot)
- Arm to Floor: 23.5" to 32.75"
- Arm Height from Seat: 6.5" to 11.5"
- Arm Cap Pivot Range: +/- 40º
- Angle Between Seat and Back: 100º to 124º
- Seat Pan Angle: 2º
Assembly Required: Yes�