Smart Ocean Chair by Humanscale
In 2016, Humanscale began a partnership with Bureo - an emerging venture developing innovative solutions to prevent ocean plastic pollution. Using their incredible NetPlus recycled plastic, the Diffrient Smart Ocean Chair was born. Featuring the same timeless design and functionality as the Diffrient Smart Chair, the Smart Ocean offers form-sensing, mesh technology to instantly adjust to and move with every unique user. There is no need for training, instructions, or manual adjustments. Humanscale's weight-sensitive, mechanism-free recline, automatically adjusts to the body weight of each sitter to provide a perfect recline, providing the correct amount of tension for their shape. Without the need for manual controls, each chair has a striking, sleek aesthetic, making it the ideal task chair for the modern, active workspace. With its unmatched 15 year warranty, the Smart Ocean Chair by Humanscale is a smart choice for your home or office task chair.
Monofilament Stripe Mesh: Using only monofilament yarns that are thin and strong, a simple but classic stripe pattern is achieved through weave structure and yarn placement. This pattern has slight elasticity, but terrific memory.
Corde 4 Fabric: Corde 4 is a four-way stretch design that moves with the sitter as they adjust positions in their chair, providing ultimate comfort. Its intricate weave structure and dimensional surface are visually appealing and engaging to the touch.
- Weight-sensitive, self-locking recline mechanism uses each sitter's body weight to perfectly adjust the tension and recline of the chair, up to 20 degrees of movement.
- Unique arm design attached to back frame to provide support during full range of recline.
- Tri-panel, non-stretch mesh provides perfectly tailored comfort, and lumbar support for any posture.
- Large contact area with sculpted shape reduces pressure points by matching the seated form. It's modular, so it can be easily replaced if necessary.
- Built to support 95% of working population's size - height range of 5'0" to 6'4", and weight range of 100-300 pounds.
- Made using recycled plastic from fishing nets, so each chair is less environmental waste.
- Designed for easy disassembly with clear recycling instructions.
Materials: Recycled nylon, polyester monofilament mesh, and die-cast aluminum base.
Overall: 44.8" H x 26.5" W x 26" D
Overall Product Weight: 40
Seat Height: 20"
Seat Height Range: 16.5" - 22.8".
Chair Width Without Arms: 21".
Recline Range: 18 degree recline, 8 degree backrest tilt.
Assembly Required: No
We're an authorized Humanscale retailer. This means we're official. We sell new factory-direct items complete with Humanscale's own warranty. You can purchase confidently from Smart Furniture knowing you'll be receiving genuine Humanscale product.
Humanscale is the premier designer and manufacturer of ergonomic products that improve health and comfort at work. Our award-winning office solutions - including self adjusting seating, sit / stand desks, monitor arms and task lighting - inspire movement and support the user in their every posture.
Humanscale's Design Studio, based in New York City, abides by the philosophy that good design achieves more with less. We regularly partner with esteemed industrial designers and are known for our history of collaboration with the iconic designer Niels Diffrient. Our innovations have been honored with more than 200 prestigious awards since 2007 and featured in various museums, such as the Museum of Modern Art.
Sustainability of both design and materials is at the heart of what we do, and we solve functional problems as simply and elegantly as possible while consuming less of the Earth’s limited resources.