World One Chair by Humanscale
Humanscale is taking the best features of the classic, renowned World Chair, and simplifying to bring the cost-effective new World One Chair. Featuring the same tri-panel mesh back and weight sensitive recline designed by Niels Diffrient, these defining elements have been updated to bring the technology into a more accessible price point - all while using fewer parts. Like all Humanscale chairs, the sophisticated design eliminates the need for traditional mechanisms by utilizing the laws of physics, and the sitter's body weight to give the perfect recline. Additionally, the World One features armrests that attach to the back of the chair in order to easily move with the user, providing an ideal resting spot at any angle. A high-value task chair with minimal parts, the World One was designed with longevity in mind - guaranteeing it will look as good in ten years as it does today. Get ready to enjoy the most minimal, fully-functional task chair Humanscale has ever made.
- Non-stretch, tri-panel mesh construction provides body-fitting contours, and a self-adjusting lumbar support for an automatic fit
- No unnecessary levers, locks, or tension springs to set or adjust
- No external lumbar parts to adjust, break, or lose
- Easy size adjustions fit an incredible range of body shapes and sizes
- Front edge is frameless to eliminate contact stress at the back of the knees
- Comes with standard hard casters for carpet
- Designed for users up to 300 lbs.
- Some assembly required
BIFMA Level 3 Certified, which is the highest level of furniture sustainability, and SCS Indoor Air Quality Gold Certified, which is also the highest level - meaning no off-gassing.
About the Manufacturer
Humanscale's focus since its inception in 1982 has been providing outstanding ergonomic seating and accessories for the home and the office. Their products, which range from task chairs to keyboard trays to CPU holders, are all geared towards making life simpler, easier, and healthier for anyone who works at a desk. Widely recognized for their line of office seating, Humanscale has done much to advance design in some newer product areas- namely in computer and office accessories such as monitor arms, foot machines, and the ergonomic computer mouse. Winner of numerous design awards, Humanscale continues to deliver groundbreaking office tools that combine simplicity, aesthetics, and ergonomics.
Materials & Measurements
Materials: Mesh, Plastic
Overall: 41.8" H x 25.75" W x 25" D
Overall Product Weight: 30
Seat Height: 14"
Seat Height Range: 14" - 30.75"
Assembly Required: Yes
- 7 Years (Parts and Components)
- 3 Years (Arm Pads and Textiles)
- Single-Shift Warranty